Wednesday, November 8, 2017

On a more serious note

Posting these results here might be boring for any readers of this blog which is why I`m going to change the blog post with something more attractive and colored like charts with nice lines and my view on what the market is doing..in general. As for my results I think once a month is enough after all its the end of the month/year that matters. Which reminds me of updating my excel sheet with the performance and... here it is
...a beautiful 17.99% in 14 days which translates in to a net of $17990 in about 14 days, that's not bad but of course one always wants a bigger account, bigger is always better. In theory I could stop this month here but more is more...Now that I`m looking at it I`m realizing that its not the best I`ve ever had, I got 2 losing days and only 6 consecutive winning days which is not something to remember, I remember so many consecutive winning days that I can`t remember the number. At this rate of return I`m afraid I can not fall in to the category of people that expect and consider 20%/year a good investment return. But the discussion is complicated here because its true that this kind of return is only possible with small capital at least from what I`m doing now.

    And on a more serious note than yesterday and because this blog has no information on what the markets are doing while maybe some readers might be interested more in that than in my personal achievements, I`m thinking to do something I never did before and that is to take positions in the markets with a much longer view than daytrading. So I will try to build a portfolio on a 10mil account, portfolio that will be composed of multiple positions held on different contracts as my algorithms dictate. To accomplish the deed I need to make some tests first and find the best  way to place resting orders in the markets because its obvious that I will need those. It does sound simpler than it actually is but this would be the next step in to the evolution of my trading. With daytrading I`m done, there is nothing more I can improve and nothing more left to do.
The portfolio trading might work or might not work, theoretically speaking it should work just the same as daytrading but it does require patience and somewhat a different approach than what I`m currently doing (mentally speaking) and its not that I can`t adapt but I`m so used with my current mental state where I seldom hold a position for more than a few hours that I can`t imagine how its to buy today and wait for more than a day. Daytrading is fun, exciting and it can make you lots of money, more than one needs actually, even though the strategy is currently working with 100K it would work the same with 1M so I do not feel like I must do this, its not required to build a portfolio up to a few million dollars because up to then daytrading works well enough but it would be fun at least and maybe useful for having a bigger picture on what the markets are doing, for the moment if someone would ask me what the markets are doing I would say I have no clue I`m in and out in the same day and I don`t care of the bigger picture.