Thursday, November 9, 2017

A 10% day

Unfortunately the contract that I trade now does not offer me many days like this one and when it does I`m far by feeling at home with it, maybe because I`m not used with the way it moves yet. Anyway I did traded heavy and I did the right things. At some point I almost thought I`m screwed because we will have a flash crash day but it seems that there was not enough panic, myself being only half panicked so perhaps most market participants were feeling the same.  I remember a flash crash day, it was in March 2010 (or 2011?) I was trading FX back then and having a nice day I was out of the market when I`ve started to see twitter feeds spreading panic then read on some blogs about it. Many traders had very large drawdowns then and if today would have been a flash crash I would have had quite a drawdown also. It wasn`t so I`ve got 10% up in a single day and since I`m up 10% from yesterday I will not stop here but continue Monday to trade heavy with the solely purpose of increasing this account with at least 50% this month. I think I`m 30% up already. Anyway here is the price action for today:
 As you can see the price was in a downtrend most of the day while I was initially long then switched to short somewhere in the middle just to switch back to long positions somewhere around the point of divergence between price and indicator. Then it looked like it will fall and like I told you I got half panicked but in the end it did what it was supposed to do in my view and sharply went up, I got the profits and ended the day.




As you know if you have read previous posts I`m not very accustomed with futures yet and I`ve chosen MT5 as platform because of my long history with MT4 and FX market. MT5 requires coding to make it work your way, its a little bit more complicated than other futures platform, meaning that if you have never traded you should not pick MT5 because it will be a pain, there are platforms that are far more easy to use than this one. Personally I like CQG and Ninjatrader. To make life a little bit easier I`ve added some coding to the way I place the orders in the market so now I`m clicking to trade which is the desirable way to do it. Here`s the trading chart (the trade that you see is from yesterday)
I also coded another button today to reverse the position, most trading platforms already have these and  many more but in this platform you got to do it your way and code everything. Of course this can give you an advantage because you can chose the way you send the order. The demo on this platform is not working correctly unless you code it to properly fill the orders.  



No comments:

Post a Comment