Saturday, November 18, 2017

It makes you think...

First of all the loss of yesterday was exactly -$19610 which, obviously makes this morning a very good morning after all I haven`t lost $20K in a day - real or demo it does not matter, the results would be approximately the same, I would have made 35K in 4 weeks and lost 20K in one day that's a fact. But why? Why did I lost 20K in a day? What`s the explanation? Well, while you could give the explanation that you are hunted and were hunted over the last 20 years and some want to kill you and that there was and is a plan and it was an attempt of set up not properly done and that you computer was hacked and algos were stolen and reverse engineered (in which case the stealing would be the only concern on my side) by some sort of criminal organization and you have figure it out their plan  - I`m a funny guy and that is a funny and amusing story which is supposed to make you laugh, trading job as any other job in the world can be very pleasant even in the worst situations if you love what you are doing... I`m not sure if losing $20K on a real account would have made me lose my sense of humor because actually I do tend to see the positive and the positive is that I`m still up 16% in 4 weeks which isn`t bad at all especially given the unfriendly environment that I was talking about yesterday - on a serious note the explanation is that I could have been avoiding such drawdown if I would have been able to stop fighting. Trouble with that is the fact that the information provided by my algorithms is giving me an advantage that over the long term it makes me feel invincible and such I am trading careless knowing that regardless of what the market is doing I will end up winning. And that is true all the time except when I`m careless for to long and choose to fight for to long. The question is what will I do about it? The answer is nothing, overconfidence is my weakness and I shall live with it winning is all about accepting that sometimes this will happen and drawdowns are inevitable and what matters is to win more than you lose - and now the cycle is complete. The largest winning day was 11.79% and the largest losing day was exactly -14.44%. I am trading with a $7.5/round turn/contract commission which is more than most brokers charge and I`m still up 16% in 4 weeks after the most dangerous weakness that I have got me. I`ve updated the performance chart and it looks pretty, trouble is that this weekend I would be kind of short of cash I mean yeah I could spend $390 which is what is left from making the loss round to $20K so I never forget about it but then who could live with only $390 in two days, in a day lets say its acceptable but two days!!!?? :)) ;) which again reminds me how worthless I am especially in a country like the one I`m living in.               

No comments:

Post a Comment