Sunday, August 13, 2017

What have I been doing lately

I have not written anything in this blog for a while and forgot about it after the failure of the demo project "trading Like a pro" which you can read about in previous posts. Of course since it was a demo account I lost my patience one day and wiped out the account however since I did not expect to achieve to much from it - the plan was a real account, there was nothing to lose anyway. Since then though I have an account (real one) with Darwinex trading with pennies, account that performs well but slow. Quite frankly its to slow for my taste and I`ve started the account with a different idea in my mind that of doubling in a month at most. That plan however was in a severe contradiction with the markets and the way they move lately so after a deep underwater (almost chocking) trip I`ve decided to play it slow and safe. In fact, the truth is, that even within this very low volatility conditions as of lately I know for sure that if I really want to I can push it just like in the old days except that instead of making 10% in 10 minutes would take me like a whole day to do it and I would be in danger of exhausting my energy and possible wiping out the account because of that - losing focus in this job is under no circumstance recommended so I`ll keep it slow. If you followed the markets for a few years you know what I mean - they have drastically changed the pace, nowadays you need to watch them very closely to see them moving. Markets change, that is what they`ve done for years in the past and that is what they will do in the future, it is trader`s job to adapt to the new conditions and some of us do it successfully other less successfully and from a personal point of view I liked myself a lot more in the days when I was making fortunes (unfortunately in %% terms) in single days but I can`t complain to much now either as my equity line goes as some would only dream of. In the meantime while my equity is growing slowly I have an under construction website  where I will be providing some account management services. Its address is http://414102570892697590.weebly.com/, I do not expect to launch it this year though mostly because the performance is of a to short term. Oh well, that`s the job, and is slow but then again I doubt there is anyone out there who would not like to be able to do it even so and know that at anytime, anywhere, he can do the job and the job is not quite an ordinary one. Other than that since the strategy on the FX markets is at the point where there is nothing left to develop I`m slowly starting (slowly  `coz I`m to lazy to make it fast and I don`t need it right now due to capital constraints) to make the transition to the futures market. Hmmm, transition is a though word actually because all I did up until now is changed the charts and a few lines of code where needed and I`m already a pro futures trader. You know what I like? I like I can not trade on futures without at least a 100K account and obvioulsy I`m using a demo so when I`m looking at the results, in %% terms they are more of less as on the FX but the FX account which is real is of about $500, you know what I mean? Anyway I`ll be showing the strategy on futures market also (well not actually showing you the strategy `coz I would have to kill you after that - hmmm maybe not kill you, its just that expression,  but it would be very expensive as some will sure find out  ;) ) the initial account is around 100K - demo - account and while I keep my eye on the currencies I`m also trading ES - ES is the E-mini S&P 500 contract listed at CME and its probably the most liquid futures contract available right now so there would hardly be any issues to consider in terms of liquidity. And oh, yes, there were a few more changes needed to adapt to futures since I`m obviously not using MT4 to trade the futures market so I had to adapt my MT4 codes to the new platform and I found the shortest way to do it and take only the most required parts leaving the nuts and bolts behind. Everything worked out just fine and most likely I`ll slowly implement all sort of nuts and bolts in this execution platform as well just like I have in MT4 but it will take time. 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment