Monday, August 14, 2017

Trading futures

A few findings on my first day playing with the ES on the demo:
1) I`ve increased the risk profile to the one used in the old days :)) without any hesitation that is the only way to find limits and errors because only then I`m starting to really become careful without that I`m getting sleepy.
2) I`m often pushing the wrong buttons since its not like fx I find myself doing a lot of "fat finger" mistakes -if you don`t know what a fat finger mistake is well is that mistake that can make a trader lose millions in 5 seconds-
3) My code is not fully adapted...I think, or at least I have doubts and I have to be in the mood to fix things or to actually double check if they`re correct. Obviously I did not check everything yet, I`ll slowly doing so while playing with the demo when I`m in the mood.
4) My computer is screaming "Wtf are you doing? I was already tortured by your fx charts and now you load me more" for that reason I had to drop the fx charts around 430pm but only after I`ve made some profits there and was not going to push more anyway.
5) My demo account has around $500K in it and I was saying that I`ll start with 100K - a mistake when I`ve opened the demo. Looking at the market depth on ES I will most likely drop this demo and make one with one million but only AFTER I`m sure every piece of code is correct until then I`ll use this one as it matters not anyway.
6) I have to much information to process when in a position and while I can follow both futures and forex in the same time I can not have positions open in both because its far to complicated for the moment especially since I`m far by being used with futures.
7) I don`t have the patience required to trade demo and that`s a fact, its kind of useless except for the fully integration of futures. Other than that demo is useless everything works as with the fx, better actually.
8)  I have so many ideas of all sort of nuts and bolts that I can have but I do not have the motivation to create them and first I should sure the current configuration works correctly.
 9) I do not have the patience to trade on a demo....am I repeating myself?
10) My futures platform does not include commissions for that reason I had to code them such as the strategy correctly calculates the PL. While past performance is no representation of future performance, you know the story, read the disclaimer, you should also know that the demo shown here can at any time be converted in to a real account and works precisely the same, good or bad it remains to be seen ;)

That being said the result for the day is -2.82% or -$1409.58 commissions included ($6.5/contract/round turn) which is not bad given the fact I`ve kind of traded with another purpose in mind than getting a profit.

Don't hesitate to contact me via my website if you have any questions

No comments:

Post a Comment