Thursday, August 24, 2017

Order Types

Trading futures on demo and trading futures on a real account might not be the same thing in most cases. Not in this particular one though. Unless my sight is damaged the depth of the market available with ES will under no circumstance be a problem for instant fill market orders. If you are on demo and you use limit orders it might be an issue because as you expect limit orders in real are not instantly filled while on the demo at first touch of limit price order is filled. I do not use limit orders when trading, I seldom do in general actually. I`ve remembered the issue with limit orders on demo accounts today when out of nothing better to do I`ve placed one and was filled at touch - the price went trough that level so even if demo it was valid as in real.  

That being said, today I was in the mood to trade but as I am lately without plunging in with everything I have - which btw, after the precision I have I would have made 30K in a day but never mind because its enough to plunge in once and be precise the wrong time so forget about it - however after the fact I`m kind of having regrets, I mean why make 3K in a day when you can make 30K...risk/reward thats why, this thoughts permanently bother me, its like I`m always making to little to satisfy my ...I`m not sure what is it. Anyway I`m not giving up on those thoughts because I would hate to see my equity line drop 30% as I said its the maximum expected drawdown ever. Maybe I`ll do it when I`m up 100% but not sooner. I have to plunge in once I really have to do it its itchy I`m not sure you understand, but not now, not today, not tomorrow not until I have increased the account enough to not care anymore if I lose part of my demo cash. Real or demo I`m still me and I would think and do the same things, especially since there is no difference between this demo and the way it would be in real which is very important. Plunging in is not bad as long as you know that even the worst situation can be fixed and besides nobody could ever explain to you the feeling in case of victory. As it goes now its the same feel like fishing, you know when some people go to the river and drop the stick or whatever in the water and just sit there doing nothing, no thrill, no fun, no nothing...hmmm you know those serious guys that analyze the markets and provide information and "serious"  financial advice? Well, they`re not traders, trading is "putting on the lucky shoes" - I remember one particular movie with one particular trader now - thats trading. In a nutshell what I want to say is that I did not once have to put in "my lucky shoes" up to now, it goes like fishing, profits look good enough though...

Assuming you could do it also how would you go for it? I`m looking at this equity line and I`m realizing I made 12K in 8 days - yes its demo but only coz` I`m short of 100K and for that matter at this speed its really of no consequence if I`m delayed. And where do you put the fact that I told you I feel like fishing I mean I could really do so much more if I really want to...    

No comments:

Post a Comment