Monday, August 28, 2017

After a long and painful debate

...with myself, I`ve decided I can not trade futures on a real account yet because the cash would not do under no circumstance. Yesterday for a moment, just for a moment it has occurred to me that maybe, just maybe I could give it a try with some micro futures contracts but after a closer look I came to the conclusion that is not a good idea at all so here I am back with the dinosaurs  having zero trust in the FX market honesty or in the game fair play so to speak. I could go slow but I`ve payed 2.25% commissions on money transfer and such I need like 4 percent only to get it back. I used to make this kind of percents easy in a day but lately this market does not move. I mean is moving but so slow that most of the time I`m quite sure I could get a one hour nap after taking a position without even setting a way to protect my account because it does not go anywhere fast most of the time, its so boring that when I hit the close position button - as an example - my charts make me take a look at the account terminal to double check if they were closed because the chart is not updating due to the fact that there is no tick coming for seconds in row. The only danger that you could face in such a market is the danger of getting pissed off by the fact you can`t make a lot of money not because you can not make a lot of money but because the market is dead most of the times (and when its moving you are not around). At least I`m trading with a new broker, I`ve always planned and wanted to trade with this broker but somehow never got to do it until now. Hopefully its as good as I think it is.  

As for my futures accounts, one of them is dead for some reason (that`s the problem with demo accounts you don`t know when the broker has the bright idea to update something or close it for whatever reason) and I need to open a new one with history being lost half of it. Won`t matter to much though but it is nice to have it just in case someone mistrusts what you write on the blog. Anyway it was only like nine days or something and basically irrelevant. Problem would be now that with me paying attention to the FX I will be trading less on the futures account because that one is a demo this one is real and either I like it or not I am more interested in the real account than the demo,. However when it comes to playing with money not pennies that  demo is closer to the reality because that is where serious traders play and that is where I`ll be doing business also...as soon as...as soon as.

To just explain you how dead is the FX market right now when I`m looking at it the range of the day is 21 points on the pair I am following. 21 pips...you could make the pip value as large as you want but there`s a catch: this market can move 300 pips out of nowehere and all of the sudden in 10 minutes and then you are dead so you would be better of just waiting. Waiting isn`t that bad though, its not a hard job to basically stare at a monitor and do nothing at all however one is always in the danger of sleeping...omg I`ve just finished this text and the range is now 22 pips, amazing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment