Friday, August 18, 2017

...brokers!!!

Today the story is with and about brokers. After giving up on Darwinex, not because they as a brokerage house were bad, they were actually one of the best both in providing the right conditions and execution terms, I was searching for a broker that provides a multi account management platform and I`ve found it at Global Prime. Opening the account everything went straight forward and the support was very good, platform conditions almost as good as Darwinex, which I repeat was one of the best if not the best up until now.  Global Prime explains on their website that the leverage when opening the account is 100:1 with the client being able to rise the leverage upon request. Not bad I thought, good conditions, multi account management platform everything looks ok. Yes, I know you might wonder if that`s all I take in to consideration when choosing a broker and the answer is yes that`s all because there is pretty much nothing else that you can find out - they all the same more or less and if you ask and do research you would probably not find anything except a number of bad reviews equal with good reviews on the forums. And do not ask them because they will all ensure you their conditions are the most favorable and honest so...useless. The only way to find out if you can trade with a broker is to actually trade with them on real accounts, most likely you will find out very fast if there`s anything wrong or not. With that in mind I`ve opened the Global Prime account with an leverage of 100:1 as I said. Nothing wrong up to this point. Later on however I`ve asked for a leverage change because my capital is way to small for playing with a leverage of 100:1 and actually making it count. And then it started: after providing them with some answers to some question they have asked I was informed that they can not increase my margin due to the fact that  my risk on the strategy is to high .... WTF!? I mean what do they care about my risk their job is to fill orders and I wasn`t like having 100 mil dollars to put their company in to bankruptcy if I  win and they play against me. Aside from that they state that they do not play against clients so what then? Brokers job is to fill orders and win commissions that`s all. My risk or your risk is not brokers business, period. So before committing more I`ve run as soon as I`ve heard their theories regarding my risk. :)) Of course you can feel free to open a Global Prime account but bear in mind that if they agree with rising margin and they do not involve in your trading business they might have other ideas about your strategy, ideas I do not want to find out about. So here I am very amused and in the same time a little bit mad because I did lost deposit and withdrawal fees for nothing. That with Global Prime, the first broker in history that actually verifies trader`s strategy being to risky or not, I wonder maybe it was not about risk but about reward, you know they are closely related, never mind. Now, I do not want to put Global Prime in a bad position or give them a bad image they actually kindly explained to me everything, they even did the math (well some math because they need a lot more to match mine) what I was unable to understand and made me smile was WHY? HaHa and :( I lost withdrawal and deposit fees which were quite large 3.25% a trip? that`s a lot. Of course between you and me if this guys would have allowed me to trade I would have got those back in no time regardless of their theories. Because I haven`t had pretty much anything to do today I`m having fun with the demo account at Global Prime, demo system that allows margin increase, I repeat again allows margin increase which again is not right if you ask me but whatever. Ask me how I play on the demo :P? Full risk against the obvious trend and honestly speaking the damage on the demo is recoverable as soon as the market goes once my way. You have to wonder, if I win when I`m wrong I wont lose when I`m right right? so maybe that`s the problem ;) You know I consider them very smart actually they found the single way to prevent my business, the single honest way because they could as well f me on all sides when placing orders so from this point of view at least I`m not mad at them but actually respect their choice. That was my experience with Global Prime and again, their trading conditions are almost as good as Darwinex so  in the end they do not deserve bad mouthing and maybe it was just my experience and unique. 

Futures

I have not traded today at all, yesterday I did but not today because I`m playing with Global Prime demo system up until I get my cash transferred. Obviously as soon as I`m having my real FX account moved somewhere I will play less on the futures, its pointless anyway I`ll show you the equity line someday and you will see why.     

No comments:

Post a Comment